05 June 2012

The Weekend, in Pictures...

I hope you all had great weekends, and ate some delicious food and drank some special wine!

Our's was fabulous , and pretty easy to sum up :)

Champagne..... At Blakes, what a great place! Loved it!

Portugese.... At Diaz Tavern, the Cape Town institution.

Birthdays.... June is a busy month.

Dancing.... Until your feet hurt or you fall over. Whichever comes first. 

Eating.... What weekend isn't great without food?

Running.... My first ever race. And I finished!


Sipping Pongratz at Blakes - Images my own.



My first time at Blakes for Birthday drinks, I must say it won't be my last. A sophisticated, elegant venue, where wearing heels and a dress is a must. Have a look at their website here, definitely considering Birthday drinks of my own there.


Celebrating the night away at Diaz Tavern - Images my own.


Diaz Tavern situated at 15 Caledon Street in the CBD, is a Cape Town institution. Excellent Portugese food, great ambiance, fun music, and the perfect spot for a dancing evening. 




Running the SACS Memorial Trail Run and finishing - Images my own.


Early on Sunday morning, we joined about 200 other avid trail runners, for the John Ince Memorial Race, with the SACS Old Boys Union. For my first race, it was quite a tough route, with about 4km of serious uphill at the start, but I loved every moment, and will be signing up for the next race soon. I think the bug may have bitten. 


Rediscovering breakfast favourites - Bovril with Cheese - Images my own. 


A food blog, with no mention of food? Never fear, I rediscovered this little gem for breakfast, Bovril (yes I am a Bovril fan, not a Marmite fan) with cheese on toast. Simple, easy and just delicious. I ended up having 4 slices. It was that good. 

Would love to hear what you got up to!

xx C

No comments:

Post a Comment