11 May 2012

Mothers Day Weekend

Mother's Day, such a special day for everyone who is a mum, considers themselves a mum, would like to be a mum and for soon to be mum's.

I am a mum, to three very special Miniature Schnauzers, and if you follow me on Twitter, you'll see what my fiance refers to as "the crazy dog lady" come out sometimes, OK, OK, all the time!

I have a couple of very special mum's in my life, who when I think of "Mum" - pop into my mind. I do of course have an amazing mum and soon to be mum-in-law of my own, who I am very happy to be spoiling this Sunday!


Left to Right: Future-Mum-in-law Tricia and Mum Frances - cute right!

In our family, every occasion, from birthdays, to wedding, to just because its Wednesday, is celebrated with food at its heart, it's where our family comes together, and where we love to celebrate, its always been like that and I hope to pass that on to my family one day.

So for Mother's Day this year, we're cooking! Surprise!

Having had numerous discussions between the girls and searching through my mountain of recipe books, we have planned the menu.

- - Mother's Day Menu - -

Welcome Cocktail - Mojito's (special request from Tricia :) ) 

Starters - French Onion Soup (Julia Child)

Mains - Steak on the braai, Bearnaise Sauce, 3ways prepared potato's, Asparagus, and a fabulous salad

Dessert - Red Velvet Cupcakes (special request from Frances :) )

Over the next couple of posts, I'll be sharing these recipes with you, and some delicious pics of how everything turned out.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's out there, and have a super weekend everyone!

xx C


1 comment:

  1. And it was all absolutely amazing!!! Thank you so much for including me! Such a happy relaxed evening. Loved being with all of you! The food was all divine, especially the French Onion Soup!!
    Luv
    Mary

    ReplyDelete